Sunday, November 12, 2006

More Old Pix
The first three I took for my Black and White Photo Class at Southern in the '70's
The last one I took on a Pathfinder Campout in the '80's. We were supposed to find something in nature that applied biblically.



These scans are from 8x10 prints that I made for the class. We had to learn to develop, and then print our own photos.



The Kitten is very happy on this cold day. If you look closely, he is on a furry surface. It's the back of a horse. I put him up there to see what he would do, and he curled up happily and stayed there.













Queen Anne's Lace



















This lizard wanted me to know that this was his territory. Hence the "chin-up".

















This old barn looked ready to fall at any moment. I feel that way sometimes. (old and rickety)
















Brazen Serpent
Freeport, Maine
I held this little guy so long that he just sat there when I put him on the twig.

4 comments:

Paul said...

you really ought to compile some of these photos into a nature slide show for some Sabbath afternoon after potluck.
Great stuff!!

Don said...

I have only just begun to post

barry said...

If you took the last picture in the 80's, you've been neglecting a real talent. How about some original photographic works of Don Gerrans, 2006?

Don said...

I just hadn't thought along those lines for this venue. I am working on remedying (yes, that's spelled correctly) this dearth of visual media I have perpetrated on my adoring public...