Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Photos

I have been apprised of the fact that I have been remiss in sharing my photos. Unfortunately, I have let my love of photography languish for a number of years. I have continued to take "snapshots", but not really with a view to utilizing the skills I learned over the years. More recently I have entered into a renaissance with regards to my photos. As time permits I will begin to bridge the gap between my "Old Photos" and my more contemporary efforts. I appreciate your indulgence as I explore the revival of seeing a photo op in every situation.
The following are a few of my more recent attempts.



This photo was taken beside a temple in Bangkok, Thailand. They had these great urns, nearly three feet across, in which they had these little mini ponds.
I liked this particular flower, as it looked as if it were on fire in the center, glowing almost white hot.







We visited my daughter in Thailand at the end of December 2005. We saw many strange and wonderful sights.













This is a boat that Jonathan and David owned for about one year. They fixed it up, and then sold it. Great fun was had by all before it was gone.
This lake is called Panther Pond. In the great Maine tradition, sometimes lakes can be as small as one mile across eg. Canton Lake; or as in this case a Pond is three by five miles. I love it.







As we were driving over to Quaker Ridge, which overlooks Panther Pond, this flock of turkeys presented themselves for my photographing pleasure.










Amazing how it can be beautiful, even when the tide is out.
This is taken at Phang Na Bay, Krabi, Thailand. We stayed here for several days, at the beginning of this year.

2 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Looks good!

barry said...

Great artists specialize in comebacks. If I'm not mistaken, Leonardo Da Vinci was finishing up the Mona Lisa when he was about your age. Keep your eyes open, and you may just snap your best photo yet.